Thursday 16 May 2013

HCI M2

M2 –Explain the fundamental principles which have been applied to the designs.

What I have designed and what principles I have used within.

South Park Game

Input -
I have designed a start up screen which shows most of what I intend to be in the game.  The colour of the background for a start it is going to be a very opaque purple which has some colour but it isn’t that outstanding so it won’t affect the eye to a certain extent.  The four images will be more colourful than the actual background so it has that pop out effect and it will make them stand out, the reason behind that I wanted the user to see the main character well one of them, as I placed that image to the largest and the three other images the goblins which are the enemies. The text on the buttons and the title are of the same colour, slightly brighter than the background so very visible to any user. Last but not least the buttons, as I have the background in a purple colour I thought purple again but a darker more vibrant colour than before so they have the pop out effect again once more in my design. Close to each other so not a lot of movement from one to the other.

Output -
The input being the start screen and now for the output as I have made another screen but this time being an info page, this is where the user will find out parts of the game and the controls etc. Sticking with the purple theme I needed to think of what the text should be in so as the background is purple and button is purple I thought yeah purple again. A lot darker than the opaque background so it is very visible as the background is more white than purple, sub titles for the different parts of info to be bold and underlined so they are showing that they are titles rather than information. Same button layout but in the bottom right and only one to go back to the title screen, being in the bottom right for more space for text and images. The only two images I have put into the info page are powerups that you can find in the game, they are very visible as they are very colourful and hard to miss.

Database

Input
With my form I have stuck to the black and white theme, as it is easy to comprehend if you have any visual impairments. The text is very visible and the picture is very eye catching, due to the pop out effect. White and black always looks good I think, looking at the colour collaboration in P2 it shows only white on black but still that looks very good.
There is space between each input to the form but not too much so you know there is space but you can easily get to it with less movement.

Output

Nothing much I can say about this because the output of the form is just a database, access is very easy to use and the colours are very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment